I was given an exemption from my "chores" today by Mrs. Tiki. It is a good thing because I am slightly hungover! Isn't it fun when other people are going to work and you are getting a ride to where you left your car the night before!?
I am officially on the other side of 35...reaching toward 40. How bizarre is that?
First, the gratitude:
- Mahalo for all the birthday wishes from around the United States and beyond.
- Mahalo to Kim & Bill for rushing up from Miami in to make it to my pre-pre-party at the Golden Lion and for the red snapper that started my night off right.
- Mahalo to Dennis for the Red Stripe, Hooray Beer!
- Mahalo to Sara for whatever is to come tonight and for being a good sport last night when I was howling at the moon
- Mahalo to my mother for hatching me LOL
- Mahalo to all the people said "No Way!" when I told them i was turning 36
- Mahalo to all who came to my Birthday Eve bash last night at Finnegan's
- Mahalo to those who couldn't make it, but were there in spirit
- Mahalo to Jenny and the girls for keeping it fun!
- Mahalo Harry for being a great host.
- Big mahalo to Damon for getting me safely home!
- Mahalo nui loa to Jenn for coming. It means more than you know.
- Aloha nui loa to Allen aka Boo, who was celebrating his birthday too!
- Mahalo to all who endured my drunken and hoarse rendition of Over The Rainbow, I swear I normally sing it much better. Thanks to Boo for the assist too!
- Mahalo to Joelle, Melanie, and all the crew at Finnegan's
By now you are no doubt saying "Okay Tiki, enough of that sentimental crap. Where are the embarrassing photos?!?"
So I present to you, the pictures:
It's All About Me!!
The night started out innocently enough....
Having a bite to eat at the Golden Lion with Bill & Kim
This will from now on be referred to the "before" pic.
Allen & me
Hooray! Jenn is here!!
Sevanah & Justin
Tiki says: "I am what Willis was talking about!"
They just kept appearing out of nowhere...
I love me some Jason!
Owen, one of regulars
It's Linda, fresh from work!
Damon wasn't quite with it, but still a great pic!
Here is something you don't see very often..Jason singing karaoke. LOL
My new friend Jenny giving me a birthday spankin'
Remember that before picture? We're on stage and everyone is singing to us. Allen is almost smiling.
The King & I. It is purely an illusion, but it looks like Jason has a mouthful of boobie!
These next few will seem repetitive, but there is a story to be told
I think we are doing the cupid shuffle. Check out Miss Crazy Eyes at the edge of the picture...
Still dancing. Miss Crazy Eyes still watching..
Look! Crazy eyes is dancing! (in the denim skirt)
Okay..she is back to watching (her hand is right there on the lower right)
There she is again! PS Jenn you sure are shimmery!
Me singing a love song by the Femmes..."Why can't I get just one screw...."
There was something going on out in the crowd while I was singing....
Naturally I had to investigate...note my hand holding the mic
Jason is proud of himself for taking the pics...
Getting the birthday boy treatment...
Life is pretty good...
Never met a Jenny I didn't like LOL
It's all in fun
Damn right i am dancing in my flip flops!
Jenny getting spanked. Karma!
Emily & Jason getting their dance on
Behind the bar with Joelle & Melissa
Allen & I are singing together on stage, but Jason was distracted when shooting the picture...
Sevanah is rocking out
The party goes on. I should have camera tested the pattern on my shirt. HA!
This almost looks posed but it isn't. The rest of the bar is nearly empty at this point.
The girls love Tiki & King!
For those that haven't seen it, this is Emily's drunk face!
Stephanie just turned 21. Isn't she cute?
This is for Sandee *wink*
Kimmy stopped in just to give me birthday love!
Again I say...remember that "before" picture? This is us just before last call.
Last, the nostalgia:
Even as I have been writing this blog I have received dozens of messages from friends around the globe, emails from family. I am truly blessed.
So yes, 36 years ago I was born. It was about 10:30pm and I didn't even wait for the doctor or the maternity ward (that's what they called them back then). I was born on a gurney in an elevator, as a nurse cut off my mother's pants.
So what was going on when I was born?
Here are some of the stories from that week's Time Magazine:
THERE'S STILL A WAR ON
WITH the next-to-final phase of the U.S. withdrawal from Viet Nam in sight at last, the war suddenly appeared to be not dwindling down but rapidly building up again...
THE WORST IS YET TO BE?
The furnaces of Pittsburgh are cold; the assembly lines of Detroit are still. In Los Angeles, a few gaunt survivors of a plague desperately till freeway center strips, backyards and outlying fields, hoping to raise a subsistence crop. London's offices are dark, its docks deserted. In the farm lands of the Ukraine, abandoned tractors litter the fields: there is no fuel for them. The waters of the Rhine, Nile and Yellow rivers reek with pollutants. Fantastic? No, only grim inevitability if society continues its present dedication to growth...
DOES YOUR PAYCHECK SEEM SMALLER LATELY?
Millions of Americans are in for a shock when they open their pay envelopes this month. Despite the well-publicized tax relief voted by Congress, take-home pay will be reduced in many instances...
36! The average life expectancy for white men in America is 73.6. I don't need a calculator to tell me that that I am halfway there! Think about that and go out there and live, love, & laugh like there is no tomorrow! I sure did that last night..and I have the hangover and a randomly throbbing foot to prove it!
Click here for more pictures!