Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. (It's really not as hard as it sounds). At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
To do this, go to “Notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish
1. I miss my friends & family in Kansas City more than I let on.
2. There are about 125 caps, hats, and visors in the room with me right now.
3. I love ironing clothes like a fat kid loves cake.
4. I cry like a baby every time I watch "Field Of Dreams".
5. Some call it being a pack rat, I call it nostalgia. Every one of the 300 cassette tapes I keep around has a story.
6. Before moving to Florida, I worked as a counselor in a maximum security juvenile detention center. I loved it and hated it at the same time.
7. I remember dates and places like Rainman.
8. Sara and I had our first date at the Golden Lion on October 20, 1998 (long before I worked there).
9. I consider it a blessing that I only had to work during the summer time when I was in high school.
10. Speaking of high school, I won't say it was the best time of my life, but it was pretty fucking cool.
11. I say fuck too much.
12. Ben Folds lyrics make my toes curl.
13. Listening to music is my favorite pastime. It's that nostalgia thing again.
14. Let's talk about music. Not many people know that I started college on a vocal performance scholarship as a classically trained tenor. I also played the trombone for about 10 years. If you ask me to sing a song, I would probably say no. If I did say yes I would probably sing "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" or "Bright Is The Ring Of Words". i sang in public for the first time at age 5 in my Grandma's church in Rich Hill, MO. I went back at 18 and it seemed so small! i found out later that Stephanie Courtney and Valerie Ensor were in the congregation that day. I ended up graduating from high school with them. Okay so that was about 6 facts.
15. I do love karaoke, but that is silly not serious.
16. FACT: Hotels are one of the last businesses that you can start at the bottom and work your way up. When I moved to Florida I started as a bellman and withing two years I was in charge of 25 people and a $600K budget.
17. I love volunteer work and miss being a Boy Scout leader every day. But since most activities are in the evenings and weekends, my job doesn't allow me to do it anymore.
18. Can you believe I was actually paid for two years to sit at a desk with an ocean view and talk golf on the phone all day long? Yeah I can't eaither.
19. Sometimes when I get frustrated at work, I go back in the beer room. When I walk back out towards the front of the restaurant I see the view of the ocean as my customers see it, then I tell myself to suck it up you have a fucking dream job.
20. When i look back on the decisions i made in my life I realize that they brought me to Florida and to Sara, so it is impossible for me to consider them bad decisions.
21. Speaking of Sara, what a lucky day it was when I met her. I was actually out for drinks with a woman with whom I worked. A group of people came into the bar and she said "I think that's my daughter's kindergarten teacher". I feel bad for her, because I blew her off the rest of the night and talked to Sara instead. I still have the shirt I was wearing when we met.
22. On the first night I met Sara, I wrote my number on a matchbook and handed it to her instead of asking her for her number. Single guys, I highly recommend this tactic. Fact is, girls get asked for their numbers all the time.
23. I secretly think it's cute that Sara has to pee within 30 minutes after the start of a trip in the car.
24. I have seen the original Star Wars trilogy at least 150 times.
25. I don't wanna sound like Al Bundy or anything, but I scored four touchdowns on Homecoming my junior year of high school.