Even though most entrants represent businesses or clubs rather than individuals, my contact thought the TikiTender "brand" would be perfect for the event. What an honor! Let's not let her down!!
Team TikiTender needs your help!
Here is an overview of the event:
- Race date is Saturday October 3 in Flagler Beach
- Bed Parade at 1:00pm. Racing begins at 2:00pm
- Teams must build a "bed" according to specification and decorate it as they choose
- Top three times will get prizes
- Prizes are awarded for beauty, creativity, and decorative humor at the parade
- Each team consists of five people, four pushers and a rider
- Pushers must wear pajamas or scrubs, riders must wear a nightgown or nightshirt
- Races will be in flights of two beds each
- Prizes for best decorated bed, best team song or cheer, and of course fastest teams
- Parade route will begin at Flagler Beach City Hall (S. 2nd & Central) proceed South to 5th street, west to Daytona, North again to S. 2nd, finishing back at City Hall
How can you help?
- First & foremost, I need a team. I am pretty sure I have two others and me, so I need two more for sure.
- Second, and no less important, I need sponsorship. There is an entrance fee, and it IS a fundraising event. Businesses or individuals can support the race. All sponsors, large and small will be acknowledged. Businesses, put your stickers, logos, and apparel on my team! In kind sponsorships will be happily accepted also (e.g. materials for the bed).
- Third, presuming I am able to get the team together, I need everyone who is willing to support the team with donations, by spreading the word, or by showing up on race day to cheer us on! I will set up a donate button for those that are long distance supporters
- Fourth, I need extended team members. We are allowed two people to assist at turns. Also, there is no limit to the amount of people that work on the bed. What I really need is carpentry minded people who will help build the bed! Of course I am thinking a Tiki Bar theme!
Whaddya say? Are you in? Email me directly at email@example.com Let's show them how to do it!!!
(Deadline for entry is the 20th I think, so this has to happen quickly.)