What is International Talk Like A Pirate Day? Talk Like A Pirate Day is an original concept created in a moment of temporary insanity by John Baur and Mark Summers. What once was a goofy idea celebrated by a handful of friends has turned into an international phenomenon that shows no sign of letting up.
Since I operate under the "Any Excuse To Get Out Of My Khaki Shorts" mantra, I fully embrace "Talk Like A Pirate Day". Two years ago, I merely talked like a pirate ("Wanna Make My Roger Jolly?"). Last year I arrived to work in full on pirate gear! This year I will do the same, but I am hoping to get my co-workers and customers in on the act!
Join me on Saturday, September 19 for your grog ration! Be a landlubber the other 364 days of the year!
Pirate Pick Up Lines From My Friends At talklikeapirate.com
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Top Ten Pickup Lines for the Lady Pirates
By popular demand ...
10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin' pin in yer britches, or are ye ... (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, "Cap'n Feathersword?"
6. That's quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I've had a twenty percent decrease in me "lice ratio!"
4. I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!
3. C'mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!
...and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
1. You. Pants Off. Now!
Should be a great time! Most of you have seen me in my pirate costume, here are a couple pictures from last year.
I didn't take many pictures that night, but here is the album http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikitender/sets/72157607961864341/