1. I dated not one, but two redheads in high school. One of them was a cheerleader.
2. I was a jock. 4 year letterman in football, All Conference Defensive Back, 1 year as Captain, 2 years as weightlifting Captain, 3 year letterman in track. 2 year letterman for the weightlifting team. As a running back, I scored 4 touchdowns in the Homecoming game my junior year. At 17, I bench pressed 340 pounds.
3. I was a music geek. 4 year member of choir, 3 year member of chamber choir, 3 year member of band. I played the trombone and sang high tenor. 4 years in All-Conference Choir, 1 year in All-District Choir. 3 years receiving a "1" rating at State Music Contest as a vocal soloist. 2 years in All-Conference Band. I started college on a Vocal Performance scholarship. I was in musicals all four years of high school.
4. I was a nerd. Student Council president for my junior and senior years. National Leadership Award my junior year. Class treasurer my junior year. Quiz Bowl team as a senior. State Accounting contest my senior year. I won awards in History and Geology and was a four year Honor Roll student.
5. I was a drama queen. I acted in plays outside of school and won awards for poetry reading and comedic interpretation.
6. I was a cheerleader. Sort of. Since I didn't play basketball, I was the Tiger mascot during the winter of my senior year. I know it's hard to imagine me dressed in a big tiger head and costume clowning around on the sidelines. :-) *added bonus, I had to hang out with the cheerleaders to learn the routines*
7. I was a king. Homecoming King my sophomore year and Sweetheart's King my junior year.
8. I was known for my thick curly hair. I was voted "Prettiest Hair" two years. I was also known for doing crazy things with it, especially during football season. I had a Boz, a mohawk, and a weird clipper designed stripe stretching from one temple down to the nape of my neck and back up to the other temple. I used to paint the opposing teams colors into the stripe to antagonize them. In the spring of my senior year I grew my hair out into a curly mullet and grew a guido stash. That is a fashion decision I regret to this day!
9. I was voted Best Dancer a couple times. I think it was because I was actually willing to dance.
10. I was voted Best Physique and actually sat as a model for art students. I was never a ripped kinda guy, but by the time I was 17 I had a 20 inch neck, 48 inch chest, 32 inch thighs, broader shoulders than most grown men, and a 31 inch waist. Did I mention I squatted nearly 700 pounds? I was a baby-faced brute.
11. I was voted most popular. I never really tried to be popular, I just talked to everyone and had a good time whatever I was doing. Kinda like now. :-)
12. Along with my best friend Steve, I threw the best party of the year for 4 years "Mark & Steve's B-Day Bash". We even renewed it for mt 21st birthday in college. Nearly 300 people attended.
13. My junior year, I was accused of being on an unofficial mission to make out with every member of the girls' track team. I came pretty close.
14. I was voted Most School Spirit my junior and senior years. See #13.
15. I have yet to attend a class reunion.
16. Oddest casting: Me as Rolf the German telegraph boy in Sound of Music. Even though I looked neither German or boyish, I sang the best "Sixteen Going On Seventeen" and wasn't shy about dancing and sucking face with Liesl (played by the girl voted Best Looking in school).
17. I was a "Student Secretary", which basically gave me a free period to wander the halls and hang out in the weight room.
Occasionally, I would use the "ditto" machine. If you don't know what that is, ask your parents.
18. I am mostly responsible for changing the way students were transported to off campus events due to some back of the bus shenanigans. I will spare you the details.
19. I had a temper on the football field. I once threw the ball at an official, knocking his cap off. In my junior and senior years I received unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for kicking the same opposing defender in the head in a dogpile. In my defense, he was biting my leg both times.
21. I dislocated my ankle in the 6th game of my senior year, ending my football days. It happened in the 2nd quarter after I had already scored 3 touchdowns on the ground. I came back for the last game of me senior year wearing a huge ankle brace. I didn't do well but I wasn't about to miss my last game. I was burned deep for a touchdown pass. On the offensive side I carried the ball 6 times for 13 yards. At least one of the carries was for a score.
22. As football captain, student council president, summertime school district employee (I got paid to mow the athletic fields), I had keys to the high school. If you ask me I will say I never used them for nefarious purposes, but you would see in my face I was lying.
23. I drove a junky pickup truck, yet was still popular and cool. Guess I've never been a car as status symbol guy. Good thing for that!
24. In track, I was a pretty decent sprinter, long jumper, and shot putter.
25. I never took academics too seriously. I was too busy with extracurriculars. But I was a sharp cookie. I was an accounting ace and could write circles around my classmates. To my knowledge, only our valedictorian scored higher on college entrance exams. I could be wrong, though.